Our GWO Work at Heights course gives necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to work safely at height. Candidates will be shown how to use basic PPE and perform safe work at heights along with safe and comprehensive basic rescue in a remote wind turbine environment in accordance with GWO Module Working at Heights.
GWO Work at Heights
- Hazards and risks associated with working at height, specific to a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG)
- Current national legislation regarding working at heights
- Correct identification of PPE, including identification of European/Global standard markings e.g. harness, helmet, lanyards, etc.
- Skills to correctly inspect, service, store and correct fitting of the relevant PPE, e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards
- Correct use of the relevant PPE, e.g. harnesses fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arresters and work positioning lanyards. This includes correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct
- Use of evacuation devices
- How to approach rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently
Assessment of Course:
Candidates will be assessed through both observation of practical skills and a written assessment. Upon successful completion of the course a certificate will be provided to the delegate and will be valid for two years.
Courses are of a strenuous nature; therefore a good level of fitness is advised and delegates must be medically fit. Candidates attending this course must have a good understanding of verbal and written English language. We can accommodate any delegate with special needs providing we are advised at time of booking.
Duration: Two days
Delegate Numbers: Maximum 12